Monday, January 31, 2011

Zombies!!!!!!!

I LOVE zombies.  Who doesn't (If Halle Berry were to become a zombie, I would be the first to get in a inter-mortem relationship with her).  And I am fully prepared for the zombie apocalypse.  For handguns, I've alway been part of the "when taking on zombies, more is better" crowd.  So my choices are my high cap guns.

Handguns are extremely important -- you'll most likely find that in order to refresh supplies of food and ammo, you'll need to move into urban built-up areas.  This means you'll be in close quarters situations as  you clear rooms of buildings to seek supplies.

The first handgun I grab is the one I own with the highest capacity: the FN Five-seveN.  It holds 20 round per mag, and I have 3 mags.  That's 60 rounds of high velocity death.  It's also very accurate for head shots, and low recoil for placing multiple shots when confronted with a hoard.

The second handgun I grab is my Beretta 92FS.  Fifteen rounds per mag, and I have over a dozen mags.  The most important thing about this gun is that in a zombie apocalypse, the 9mm NATO round can be found anywhere and everywhere throughout the world -- it's the most popular handgun cartridge in the world, and probably 3/4ths the worlds militaries use it.

The third handgun I grab is a compact -- either my Ruger LCP, or as a second choice, my Walther PPK.  It will be necessary to have something hidden as backup -- especially for other survivors that might try to take your supplies.  These small guns, especially the LCP, you can just throw in your pocket holster, toss it in your pocket, and forget.

Of course, your primary weapon will be a rifle.  You'll get more use out of this than anything, fortunately the choices are obvious.

The first rifle I grab is my BCM4, a civilian model of the M4 used by our military.  It shoots .223/5.56 NATO, the second most prolific rifle round in the world, used by half the militaries.  One mag holds 30 rounds, and I have over 30 magazines.  The M4 is a carbine, so it's short and maneuverable in cramped quarters, and has the accuracy to reach out to 300 yards, which is about the max effective range of the 5.56 round in an 18" barrel.  I know this rifle better than any other, since I've lived with it, slept with it, eaten with it, and bathed with it.

The second rifle is for when I need more oomph, or for some AT&T ("reach out and touch someone").  The rifle I choose is a toss-up between two, but the caliber is the same: 7.62 NATO (.308 Winchester).  For this I would choose either my FN FNAR 7.62, or my Remington R-25.  The FNAR is an ultra-accurate tactical rifle designed for snipers, based off the Browning BAR hunting rifle.  The Remington R-25 is based off the original Armalite AR-10 platform, which is called the SR-25/110 platform.  I would lean towards the FNAR, because it is more accurate, but the R-25 would have easier to find magazines if I would need to find them.  Also, I only own one FNAR magazine (20 rounds), since they're $90 per piece, but I own 5  magazines for my R-25 (one 20 round, and four 5 round).  

Last, but not least I would grab a shotgun, just because you never know when you might need one. I only own one, and it's a Mossberg 500 Turkey gun.  I would most likely saw off the barrel to make it more compact.

That's it.  What do you have for Zombie invasion?

Oh, and one last thing, this is the ammo I want:

2 comments:

  1. Oh hell, I love that shot. Of course, if you build a Zombie Killin' AR, you have to start with the proper lower receiver:
    http://www.zombie-defense.com/zombie-lowers.html

    And while we're on the topic of the undead, I'd recommend this book (I just read it last month):
    http://www.amazon.com/Art-Zombie-Warfare-Kick-Walking/dp/1602399565

    ReplyDelete
  2. Todd, Suweet lower!. I'll have to check out the book, too.

    ReplyDelete