Wednesday, January 19, 2011

ComBloc Handguns

I love handguns from former Soviet Union & Eastern Bloc counties.  For one, I've always found the USSR fascinating.  Maybe I'm even a little nostalgic for it, being I grew up in the 80s.  Second, I love the commie craftsmanship.  It's neat how their stuff is never as refined as western weaponry, yet it functions just as well, sometimes even better.  And in the case of a lot of the Czechoslovakian stuff, the craftsmanship is extremely good.  Last, I love their price -- you can normally get them on the cheap.  I got my Russian Makarov for around $300 (the Russian ones are priced a little bit more than some of the others), and my CZ-52 for $160.  Next I want a CZ-82, which I know is around $200.  The priciest one I'll have is when I can finally track down a Soviet Tokarev (TT-33).  The one I want is the non-import originals with no safety.  I've seen them for anywhere between $450-600.

So, yeah, to me there's just something cool about shooting commie guns -- especially the ugly CZ-52.

I'm curious, what's your favorite ComBloc handgun -- I'd love to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment