Friday, January 21, 2011

Packer's D needs to keep it in perspective

I've been a Packer fan all my life.  I bleed Green & Gold.  I hope we slaughter the bears this Sunday for the NFC championship and a trip to the Big Bowl.  But I've been hearing a little too much talk about the D talking how great they are.  Let me say, I think they've been playing outstanding.  Matthews is a monster, and one of my new favorite players.  Woodson ranks in the top 5 of my favorite Packers EVER.  Williams has been playing on a whole new level.  But I have to say, if the Packers fielded any other offense than the one that they do (that scores 49 points in a game), the Packers lose that game.  They gave up 14 points to the Falcons, and lets not forget that the Falcons were marching down field at will at the end of the quarter, and if not for William's pick, the game would have been a very different game.  I've watched too many teams march down the field too easily against the Packer's D.  As a whole, I think the Packer's D bends WAY too easily, it's just that they have 2 of the best players in the NFL to make up for it, in Matthews and Woodson, plus an emerging star in Williams.  I do think the D is very talented, and their are plenty of other players stepping up and making big plays, I just think they need to be a little more consistent.  They make a lot of big plays, but if you take away the big plays, they are kind of not that great.  They also give away some pretty big plays.  They need more consistency.

All I'm saying, if the Pack can their D playing were it should be, they would have the best D in the league.



Go Pack!  Destroy the Bears.

No comments:

Post a Comment